I know I was going to take the holiday weekend off, but I have to write this now…
Netflix, home of the incredible Stranger Things, dropped another original series not long ago: The OA.
Watched it in 2 days, and here’s what I think.
- A hostage story worthy of “The Collector.”
- Great cinematography and better than average acting across the board.
- A nice recovery tale between The OA and the Five.
- A great supporting cast of characters (and actors to play them).
- Mixed with a finely ground sprinkling of pseudo-metaphysical bullshit.
Not even HALF as good as Stranger Things. Not even close.
Too bad you have to sit through all eight episodes to realize it.
I don’t even want to talk about it any more.
And you know how much I love to hear myself talk…
THAT’S how terrible I think it was.